Southwest One is delighted to announce that the Revenues & Benefits Service it runs on behalf of Taunton Deane Borough Council, has received a prestigious Customer Service Excellence award in recognition of its high standard of customer service and its commitment to continuous improvement.
Customer Service Excellence is the Government’s national standard for excellence in customer service. The assessment is undertaken by an independent organisation and approved by the Cabinet Office in Whitehall.
The Customer Service Excellence Award recognises services that put customers at the heart of their services and that focus on delivery, timeliness, information, professionalism and staff attitude.
The Revenues & Benefits Service achieved full compliance across the 59 elements required for the Award and 3 areas as scored as “compliance plus” demonstrating exceptional behaviour or practice. The independent assessor made some very positive comments on the service including:
· "Staff across the service demonstrates that a customer-focused approach is a priority at all levels. There is a culture at putting the customer at the heart of service delivery.”
· "The use of data and research to drive forward continuous improvement is impressive"
The award lasts for three years with a regular annual compliance review.
"Many of our local residents rely on the service provided by the Revenues & Benefits service and I want to congratulate them on successfully putting the customer at the heart of everything they do." Said Cllr Vivienne Stock-Williams, Portfolio Holder - Resource
"I am delighted that the staff in the Revenues & Benefits service achieved this award. The team provide a vital service for our local community and have consistently improved their performance and have received excellent feedback from their customers." Said Penny James, CEO, Taunton Deane Borough Council
Fiona Capstick, CEO, Southwest One praised the team’s achievement by saying "The staff in the Revenues & Benefits service thoroughly deserve this award. They worked tirelessly to improve their performance and make sure their customers get the best possible service."
For further information contact Ruth James, Communications Manager, Southwest One, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: 07974213156
- Please find attached a photograph of members of the Revenues and Benefits service with Simon Doyle, Performance Manager, holding the Customer Service Excellent trophy.
- Southwest One -- Revenues & Benefits Service provides a wide range of services on behalf of Taunton Deane Borough Council that affects the lives of every household and business in the Borough. The Service employs 46 staff in delivering its services. Face-to-face contact with customers is primarily carried out in the recently improved facilities at The Deane House in Taunton. In addition officers provide outreach services. The service has over 9200 customers receiving benefits in council owned, privately rented and privately owned properties. The council collects £51million in Council Tax from 49,000 domestic premises.
- The Customer Service Excellence award has standards covering the following areas: Customer insight, the culture of the organisation, information and access, delivery, timeliness and quality of service.
- South West One Limited is a joint venture company set up by Somerset County Council, Taunton Deane Borough Council, Avon and Somerset Police and IBM. It aims to improve the delivery of Council and Police services and save money across a range of activities including: customer services, human resources, finance, procurement, and property and facilities management. Southwest One Limited also manages computer systems and information technology on behalf of its partners.
South West One Limited is the registered company name - Registered in England and Wales with number 6373780. Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,